nafex - Re: [NAFEX] birds & cherries, & buckthorns

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] birds & cherries, & buckthorns
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 23:25:06 +0000

Sorry. I missed your location. I'm in sWI and see honeysuckle & 2 species
of invasive-exotic buckthorn on light soil in dry woods & degraded prairie &
old-field sites. What is the edible buckthorn you grow?

About robins, I have to wonder if they aren't seeking moisture. I never see
them at the bird-baths, but then I don't watch all day. I wonder if when
they can't get enough juicey earthworms, cutworms, grubs, etc., then they
must feed on juicey berries. Any bird watchers on the list who know about
this?