nafex - Re: [NAFEX] How to kill tree roots?

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] How to kill tree roots?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:57:01 -0500

I agree with Helen. There is energy in the tree roots, but that is being fed by the tree. If you don't take the tree out, the problem never gets better. then you have to take out a zillion sprouts, true, but sooner or later you win.
We've had a section of our garden taken over by passionflower, which has perennial roots here. This year I've pulled every one that came up, and they are slowing down. Maybe by next year they will be pretty well gone. Donna