nafex - Re: [NAFEX] How to kill tree roots?

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] How to kill tree roots?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:29:02 +0000

The recommendation over here in WI is RoundUp-- or generic glyphosate--
concentrate cut 50-50 with water, apply it the same day, and temperatures
above freezing. And best season is late summer thru autumn, and into winter
if snow isn't deep. I don't know how this works when the AIR is above
freezing temp but the SOIL is frozen, but I've seen it work.

Sometimes you need to do follow-up treatments on regrowth, but, on average,
you use 1/2 the chemical. And you can do the work in cooler weather.

Sorry, I don't have any reply for the original question! But when trees are
on public land, it can be helpful to track done the land manager, and chat.
Maybe there is a long-term plan to remove those trees anyway.

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger2_072008