nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Himalayan blackberry

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Himalayan blackberry
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:14:22 -0700

One hitch. The birds WILL spread seed, which may stay in the soil for years until the right conditions come along. Then seedlings come up like grass. And not just in your yard. I once burned the berries off a hillside and within days the seedlings were literally as thick as grass. That's one reason they are such a horrendous pest in the NW.
-Lon Rombough
http://www.bunchgrapes.com

For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com