nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Move trees or start all over again?

  • From: "D Stubbs" <dsmndel@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Move trees or start all over again?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:56:11 -0500

Moving apples in summer is of course a bad idea unless they were dormant potted. I have helped a friend successfully move an orchard of seedling trees many times larger. I would think a shallow rooted B9 would be easy to dig properly and transport. It would need especially good staking against wind once it is replanted. Good luck!
Del