nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Move trees or start all over again?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Move trees or start all over again?
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:04:58 -0700

I moved an apple that was at least ten years old one time. It was Cox's Orange Pippin on seedling and it filled the back of a pickup truck. I took a circle of roots nearly six feet in diameter. When I got it to it's new home I dug a hole large enough to accommodate the whole root mass, backed the truck up to the hole, and slid it in. 30 years later it's still growing and blooming by our house.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com