nafex - Re: [NAFEX] maple (going off-topic)

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] maple (going off-topic)
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:34:33 +0000

(and venturing into shameless promotional)

S.WI has a kind of park called the MacKenzie Environmental Education Center,
near Poynette, which tries to put on seasonal demonstrations every year. The
year starts with a maple sugar festival. I admit I've never attended. But
with our state's budget woes of recent years, if they've kept this going it
must be a popular thing. I only know of one family which has tried it at
home more than once.

The Center had a small orchard at one time, but I think it was half flowering
crabs and didn't get regular proper care.