nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Membership

  • From: mangodance <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Membership
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:05:52 -0500

Jwlehman@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 2/15/2008 9:32:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu writes:

The renewal notice method, or lack thereof, is a problem. I have let my NAFEX
membership lapse a number of times, only to notice 4 to 8 months later that I hadn't gotten a Pomona for awhile.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you would purchase a Life membership at $225? Then lapsing membership would be no problem.

Establishing a NAFEX Life Membership has been considered more than once with the board, and dropped. Frankly I'm the greatest proponent and need support if this were ever to become a reality.

I know one board member who would write the check this month....oh...and on the concept of life membrship, you have a vote here. I'm not sure about the figure...how was it calculated?