nafex - [NAFEX] membership

  • From: "Tim Inman" <Tim@historicinteriors.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] membership
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:10:57 -0600

In my 'real life' I'm a furniture conservator and clock restorer.  There are several forums and blogs available for professionals and active hobbyists in our trade.  I host and moderate one which is owned and sponsored by a private supply company.  There are several others, much like NAFEX, which are private 'membership' type organizations.  In all of them, anyone may participate as a guest with 'read-only' privileges.  Only the registered members have the ability to contribute and share a voice in the dialog.  NAFEX membership is so cheap, I can't see why 'belonging' is an obstacle, but that's not my bundle to carry.  There are arguments to be made from all sides. . . .

For what it's worth,

Tim