nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Membership, focus, journals, etc...the face of NAFEX

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Membership, focus, journals, etc...the face of NAFEX
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:15:29 -0500

...... Original Message .......
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:59:56 -0600 "William C. Garthright"
<billg@inebraska.com> wrote:

>> I also think that this list should be restricted to members only if
possible. There are many who will not join if all this information is
available on the internet.

>Am I the only one here who joined NAFEX because I discovered this list?

I doubt it. I joined NAFEX because I was looking for a list like this.
(That was -before- the e-mail archive went on-line.)

I am embarassed to admit that my membership has just expired, and I haven't
gotten around to renewing. I want to second the guy who suggested that
on-line renewal would be convenient (mailing in a credit card number isn't
much better than mailing in a check. I'm pretty sure he was requesting an
on-line payment system when he talked about 'credit cards'.) However, I am
familiar with the technical issues and security problems of doing that.

I like the idea of putting at least some of the archives on-line, but only
allowing members to post. That would provide bait for potential new
members without giving all our content away. Perhaps the most recent month
of so of content could be on-line?
___
Ginda