nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Membership, focus, journals, etc...the face of NAFEX

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Membership, focus, journals, etc...the face of NAFEX
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:59:56 -0600

I also think that this list should be restricted to members only if possible.
There are many who will not join if all this information is available on the
internet.

Am I the only one here who joined NAFEX because I discovered this list? I would expect it to be a great recruiting tool. And if you want free information, there's *plenty* available elsewhere on the Internet.

Also, what's the point of NAFEX if it isn't to share your love of fruit? If we don't want to do that, why have the organization in the first place. I think we have to look at what's most important, actual membership or accomplishing the goal of the group.

Of course, I'm a relatively new member, and certainly not a very knowledgeable one. I'm really not trying to tell long-term members what to do, just point out my own angle on this.

Bill
Lincoln, NE

--
It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it. - George W. Bush