nafex - [NAFEX] Effect of drought on fruit

  • From: Sue Christensen <sue@hoodel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Effect of drought on fruit
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:07:07 -0400

My orchard is still in the infant stage, so I don't have any apples or pears yet so I can't answer this myself.

All this talk about how the microclimate or soil conditions in various state affects how fruit tastes has me wondering. What is the effect of a dry year on fruit quality versus a year that is overly rainy from the norm? ( I'm not sure I would know a "norm" if it hit me between the eyes.)

Sue in Adams County, PA