nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Getting the word out

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Getting the word out
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Bill - make it as easy for highly electronically connected

people. I am only passionate about fruit for part of the year
(summer/fall harvest and then late winter/early spring), in between
the regular garden or animal chores need all my attention; I never can
remember if I'm paid up or not, and the pomonas usually get stuck
somewhere then read sometime later if I find them.

One time there was a year or so gap between the time my membership
lapsed, and I noticed and got around to send in a check (I think then
I used the 3-year option so I'm probably still a member now, it can't
have been 3 years already...). email reminders would deal with the
noticing and online payment would deal with the latter, but the email
reminder - or a postal mail renewal bill - would be the more effective
for me.

I'd love a searchable archive that required membership (I can't imagine

checking old print copies for details on brambles that I'm currently
thinking about). A problem is that nowadays there's an amazing
attitude that information and services on the internet should be free,
and people are turned off by restrictions. In other words, seeing
that there is content restricted to members may be somewhat of a
counterincentive to join if someone is currently googling around
looking for information. It might be an incentive to keep renewing
after you've joined and enjoyed it. If that makes sense...

Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Z7 - Sunset Z7 - 1800' - 19" annual rainfall

Get your own web address.