nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Are brambles or ribes good fruits for me to try growing?

  • From: "vrana" <nokal@seznam.cz>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Are brambles or ribes good fruits for me to try growing?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:04:14 +0200

Ribes have more species and many sorts.Mostly is sour, but it depends on
habit,or get used to. Once I went from fishing with my son in law 6 years
old, and we met bush of red curand which was pretty sour.We was hungry and
he eat it well. From this moment he likes red curant. I am going to plant
him early one, white one it is most sweet,than late one and american sort of
american specie having black fruit.Than there is Black curant of many
sorts.I have sort of red curant, which is 3,5m high, I am picking it from
ledder.Its new breeding from Velke losiny, Czech Rep.,Moravia.Currants have
sure crops, if you have good sort.There are many many sorts all over the
world.A pie from it is very good, jams as well.To eat it raw is question of
habit, its sour. Jan, Czech Rep.