nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Northline Serviceberry (Chex)

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Northline Serviceberry (Chex)
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:45:23 -0400

Lon, Is lonicera what Dr. Thompson was working on? Any news from her work?

Vrana, I have moderately acid soil, and every year I plant a few more blueberries. The oldest ones have finally matured to produce non- trivial amounts of fruit, and it looks like this year will be better than last. They are more work than most anything else I grow, because they need both serious mulching and serious bird-netting to produce. But they are worth it.

Thanks,
Ginda