nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Northline Serviceberry (Chex)

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Northline Serviceberry (Chex)
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:07:38 -0500

I've harped on this before, but the main problem is that the commercial varieties are mostly Canadian selections from the dry Prairie Provinces where disease isn't a problem.

So that might not be such a problem for me, as I'm in a prairie state. Of course, I'm quite a bit further south, but our big problem here is usually the hot and dry conditions, not excess moisture.

Thanks!

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes. - James Feibleman