nafex - [NAFEX] Curcullio question

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Curcullio question
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:45:07 -0500

What does the Plum Curcullio infect when there is a collapse of its usual host fruit? This is a question we all need to start asking because the pests will be back in force when we have fruit again. So what do the pests infect in the wild to tide them over until we have a crop of fruit? If we could identify what they live on in the wild, we could further reduce their numbers during this 'no fruit' year. I ask about Plum Curcullio because that is the only insect pest that costs me any economic harm but I could ask the same question of all the others, Apple Maggot, Medfly, etc.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com