nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Curcullio question

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Curcullio question
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:17:19 -0500

Jim,
Guess what? Two of my native plums still had some buds left and have made fruit.... probably just enough fruit to keep the curculios going, probably not enough for us and them both, and probably not enough that I can defend them with Neem or Surround. To tell you the truth, these two trees are beginning to look like traitors to the Prunus family to me. The hickories and oaks will be doing a good job of reducing the squirrel population by losing this years crop, but these two trees will give aid and comfort to the enemy while probably doing nothing to feed me or any other creatures. Donna