nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pixie Crunch apple scionwood - Not

  • From: Stefan Brandle <sbrandle@css.taylor.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pixie Crunch apple scionwood - Not
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:04:05 -0500

I tried talking to Purdue people about how to making payments for grafting coop apples. Jules Janick answered my email and was very friendly. He gave me the email address of someone at the Purdue Foundation to correspond with. Said person did an admirable imitation of a email black hole. I gave up and dropped the idea. I really got the impression that they aren't set up to handle individuals doing small quantities and would rather not have to know about it. So the report that they said "give something in our name to your favorite charity"sounds realistic.

P.S.: Just got back from a two week trip to Nigeria. Sadly, way to early for mangos and other wonderful fruits. I'll post about that in the next week or so.

-- sb