nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pixie Crunch apple scionwood - Not

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pixie Crunch apple scionwood - Not
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:58:52 -0500

But it appears to have been patented, too, as "Coop 33".

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/pri/pixiecrunch.pdf

Since it seems to have been patented recently, I'm pretty sure you can't propagate it legally without permission of the patent-holder. It appears to be available from Gurney's (513-354-1491) and from Henry Fields (513-354-1494), which I guess are both owned by the same parent company. I doubt they'll sell you scion wood, but I suppose it can't hurt to ask.

Ginda