nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ammonium vs. Nitrate

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ammonium vs. Nitrate
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:42:32 -0800

Yep. It's gaseous at standard temperature, that's why dictionary.com says
"gas" and Rodney referred to a boiling point. It can exist in all three
states - just not the state Rodney's in?

Rodney, I don't know what ammonium that article was referring to. I would
guess they meant one of the many ammonium salts. I appreciate your search
for very flavorful tomato growing. I think flavor starts with variety, with
freshness being next important. I think organically grown tastes best, but
that's based on nothing more than bias. Maybe in the comparison you talked
about the fruits ripened at different times, but were picked at the same
time - so the ammonium nitrate tomato was a little underripe? I'm just
guessing. I don't see the type of nitrogen as making much difference vs.
total nitrogen delivered and time of delivery.

~ Stephen