nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ammonium vs. Nitrate

  • From: "O'Barr, R. D." <topgun@otelco.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ammonium vs. Nitrate
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:04:59 -0600

Whoops. No it isn't.
I will go along with the danger however. In LA the pecan growers sometimes
used 'liquid' ammonia solution and knifed it into the ground. A packing
wheel followed.
I was called once to determine the cause of severe leaf scorch on pecan
leaves on trees that were next to a field that had used the liquid ammonia.
I found a tank in the field that had leaked ammonia fumes that had caused
the problem and we all know how bad ammonia is to living things.
Topgun