nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bill's choices, Actinidia kolomicta

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bill's choices, Actinidia kolomicta
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:25:35 -0600

Someone who lives in such a climate and feels interested and adventurous
could try A. kolomikta trained on a north wall.

Would it get enough light to set fruit? Or are you talking about a short wall, so that most of the plant rises above it?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, since I'm quite a novice at this. I do understand about microclimates, though I'm not at all confident in my ability to judge the exact results of a particular planting location.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (Zone 5)

--
I would defend the liberty of consenting adult creationists to practice whatever intellectual perversions they like in the privacy of their own homes, but it is also necessary to protect the young and innocent. - Arthur C. Clarke