nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What to plant under Red Pine

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What to plant under Red Pine
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:24:44 -0600

Very good point. Our electric utility - like most, I'd say - has a tree-trimming program to reduce outages. But most often, people complain because their trees are being cut back too much, so the "tree goats" have to be careful to cut only the minimum. If they know you don't want the tree at all, they'll likely be glad to cut it way back to below the wires.

They probably won't remove the entire tree for you, but they could cut it back enough so it would be easier - and lots cheaper - to remove than it is now.

Bill
Lincoln, NE

let me recommend a call to your power company.

On the right side of the house, however, there is a very tall useless Tulip
tree that needs to be taken out because it has started shedding tree-size
limbs and its over lines and its going to be thousands $ to remove.