nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What to plant under Red Pine

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What to plant under Red Pine
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:19:39 +0000

I'm sorry I can't currently supply full latin names, but in WI two species of Aronia are recommended for landscaping. One is more shade-tolerant, often rated for shade. I've seen it in both shade and sun, and there's no comparison: it's definitely a sun plant! I also have to wonder about currants in the shade being expected to produce fruit-- not practical?