nafex - [NAFEX] pomegaranate bagging results

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] pomegaranate bagging results
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:18:49 -0800

I tried to bag my pomegranates this year to keep the squirrels from getting all of them.  Some bags were vented at one corner, some at both.  The squirrels left them alone.  However, so did I.  Pomegranates don’t care for being bagged, but black mold is very fond of the conditions, with mold beginning at the calyx basin and spreading.   The double-vented fruit was probably salvageable, although the skin was unappealing in areas; but with my allergies, I wouldn’t want to deal with the mold.

~ Stephen