nafex - Re: [NAFEX] heritage peach tree preservation

  • From: "K Q" <kumquat@operamail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] heritage peach tree preservation
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:22:09 -0800

Dear Mr. Callis:

Making the roots sucker works better in spring, when the roots have there
maximum amount of carbohydrate in them. Not sure if "depleted" roots will
cooperate with you at this time of year, but it is worth a try I suppose.

You could also try digging up pencil sized pieces of root in the winter and
attatching matching peach scions directly to the root via grafting, and
callus the thing in a very warm, moist environment, like maybe a styrofoam
cooler box with heat regulation. Or just turn of the thermostat in your house
to 85 F!

Kenneth Q.

Message: 4