nafex - Re: [NAFEX] heritage peach tree (silicon tape)

  • From: "K Q" <kumquat@operamail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] heritage peach tree (silicon tape)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:28:12 -0800

Dear Mr. Nate,

Where do you get silicon tape? Does it hold up in sunlight? is it white or
black? approximate cost? What are the advantages over regular PVC electrical
tape?

Anyone ever heard of a good tape to use for grafting that will dissolve
undergound? As in root-scion grafting. I have used PVC tape before, but I had
to remember to come back later, dig around in the dirt and cut the tape off
before it girdled the plant. This is when I connected roots directly to
scions.

I would use masking tape, but I cannot pull hard on it to make up for
imperfections in my graft-carpentry. I prefer something I can pull on pretty
good!

Kenneth Q.

Message: 4