nafex - Re: [NAFEX] [permaculture] heritage peach tree preservation

  • From: "oliver smith callis" <oliversmithcallis@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] [permaculture] heritage peach tree preservation
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:22:31 -0600

Richard,
thanks for your suggestions, I noticed that you are specializing partly in apricots. On the adjacent property to the peaches, there are two apricot trees that were planted in 1864, one is a Chinese and the other is a Moore Park. These trees are in much better shape, they've been well taken care of, and we will be working to propagate these as well. I'm not sure of the average lifespan of apricots, so I don't know if these are out of the ordinary. The owner told me that the Chinese Apricot has pits that are sweeter than almonds.
Thanks,
Oliver