nafex - Re: [NAFEX] heritage peach tree preservation

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] heritage peach tree preservation
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:21:45 -0700

If you want to preserve the varieties, this is probably a good time to collect budwood. If there are any useable shoots on the trees now, see if you can find a nurseryman with peach rootstock available to bud a number of the trees. The new trees could be planted in a better location, and would insure plenty of propagation stock for future use.
-Lon Rombough