nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Advice for apricot failure?

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Advice for apricot failure?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:30:32 -0400

Hello,

Can you shade it in it's new location for a few days after transplant?

Possibly potting it up in a very large pot (bottom of a 55 gallon, plastic drum) and leaving it in the shade (or garage) a few days would help.

I would trim back the foliage by 1/3rd and get as big a root mass as you can.

Prepare the pot with; drain holes, screening over drain holes, 3" of sand/pea stone.

Then I wouuld baby it till fall, and plant it out, once dormant.

If you do use a 55 gallon drum to create a large pot, do yourself a favor and cut some hand-holds into it, up by the rim of your pot.

Later,
Tom