nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Advice for apricot failure?

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Advice for apricot failure?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:30:06 -0500

Andriy,
Are the leaves that wilted still moist or are they completely dry and flake in your hand? Did the wilting start from the bottom of the tree and go up the tree branch by branch or did the wilting start at the top of the tree and go down towards the roots? Do the ends of the branches have a shepard's crook look to them? Did the wilting happen all of a sudden or over a couple of weeks? Did the leaves turn yellow before wilting? Sorry for all the questions, but they do make a difference in making an educated guess as to the cause. A picture would be most helpful. You can also visit http://www.caf.wvu.edu/Kearneysville/wvufarm8b.html#PEACH and take a look at the different symptoms and photos to see if you see what is happening to you tree there.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andriy Palamarchuk" <apa3a@yahoo.com>