nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pomegranate

  • From: "MARIE ASHTON" <bwoodtx@verizon.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pomegranate
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:05:24 -0600

The early fruiting pomegranates should give you a better yield, I am sure not enought summer heat and humid conditions are the problem. The early fruiting Central Asian varieties should be the best bet. As cold hardiness is not the problem with your location, I would suggest a Sweet, Soft-Seed variety such as "Sumbar" or "Sverchranniy". If you want to test these varieties let me know and I will put you on my list for cuttings in february, all I ask is postage and a report back sometime in the future. As you have sent your address all that is needed is a affirmative reponsive and I will try to get the cuttings to you then.
Richard Ashton

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Emmett" <jlemmett@iinet.com>