nafex - RE: [NAFEX] attract birds into apple tree?

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] attract birds into apple tree?
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:45:47 -0700

Chickadees eat about 70% caterpillars and spiders. Nummy. Suet will
attract other bug-eaters, and keep them in the garden. The use of
squirrel-proof and squirrel resistant feeders will help you develop smarter
squirrels...

Orioles and tanagers are lovely bug-eaters to have around. You can buy
nectar feeders for them, or keep orange halves out for them.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate