nafex - [NAFEX] attract birds into apple tree?

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] attract birds into apple tree?
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:01:26 -0400

Just now I saw a chickadee in the Northern Spy apple tree. I don't know if
chickadees are insect-eating birds, but what means are available to attract
insect-eating birds into a tree?

Such as:
1] Suet? If so, how prevent squirrels from accessing suet? Is a simple suet
cage enough?
2] Growing intentionally some insects that would release from the apple tree
to provide an attaction for insect-eating birds to visit the tree?

Charlie Paradise, Massachusetts