nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cornus Mas

  • From: lee reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cornus Mas
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 04:18:24 -0400

Herre's the source list for Cornus mas from my book Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden. I woulld not worry about buying a plant from the south. A nursery shipping now should have had the plant in cold storage if it was bare root; if in a pot, it doesn't matter as long as you wait to plant it, if necessary. Does C. mas get the sudden oak death?

Cornelian cherry (Cornus mas)
(Ornamental varieties are available from many nurseries.)
Edible Landscaping Nursery, Route 2, Box 77, Afton, VA 22920, 800-524-4156; www.eat-it.com
Forestfarm, 990 Tetherow, Williams, OR 97544-9599, 541-846-7269; www.forestfarm.com
Hidden Springs Nursery, 170 Hidden Springs Lane, Cookeville, TN 38501, 931-268-2592
John Gordon, Jr., 1385 Campbell Boulevard, North Amherst, NY 14120, 716-691-9371; www.geocities.com/nuttreegordon
One Green World, 28696 South Cramer Road, Molalla, OR 97038, 877-353-4028; www.onegreenworld.com
Raintree Nursery, 391 Butts Road, Morton, WA 98356, 360-496-6400; www.RaintreeNursery.com
Sherwood’s Greenhouses, P, O. Box 6, Sibley, LA 71073, 318-377-3653
Whitman Farms Nursery, 1420 Beaumont NW, Salem, OR 97304, 503-585-8728; www.whitmanfarms.com

Lee Reich, PhD
www.leereich.com