nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Awesome Indoor Lighting

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Awesome Indoor Lighting
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:48:30 -0500

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:13:41 -0800, you wrote:

>Since we have been talking about indoor lighting, here's what I use, and it
>can't be beat in my opinion.
>1/ I bought a 1000 watt metal halide lamp and refector hood from an RCMP
>auction (they raid the indoor pot growers and auction off their equipment).
>So for $150 Canadian I got a new system thats over $500 brand new.
>2/ I grown tomato seedlings or new grafted trees under florescent bulbs, but
>this only works for a week or two as the light is too weak.

I also grow tomato seedlings under fluorescent bulbs - under
two regular, cheap, 4-ft long, 40 watt cool-white
fluorescent bulbs in a regular cheap shoplight: and they're
fine. They're splendid. I've done this for quite a few
years.

So I don't know why yours did not succeed.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.