nafex - RE: [NAFEX] mulberry .........

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] mulberry .........
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:51:52 -0800

It's too bad so few people have fruiting
mulberries

The only mulberries I have eaten were from a tree growing at the Bishop's Close garden in Portland, Oregon. They were delicious. My husband was so impressed he said we needed to get one for our garden, but so far I haven't managed to. I think one needs to try them before buying, because perhaps they don't all taste as good as this one.

Diane Whitehead Victoria, B.C., Canada

p.s. This garden, which was designed by the man who designed Central Park in New York, is owned by the Episcopalian diocese but is open to the public. Right now there will be thousands of Eranthis and Crocus tommasinianus in bloom, with big trees of pink-flowered Magnolia campbelli, and a backdrop of snow-covered Mt. Hood. Maybe not snow-covered this year, but usually.