nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peach Question

  • From: Lon Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peach Question
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:20:48 -0800

-25 is about the same range as Reliance peach.
I had an uncle in Iowa who had a chance peach seedling that made a beautiful tree and survived -30 F, but never fruited. Later I found out that peach flower buds aren't as hardy as the leaf buds, which was why the tree never fruited - the flower buds never made it, even though the tree itself survived.
-Lon Rombough