nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Container peach?

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Container peach?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:27:08 -0600

________________________________

From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org on behalf of Pat Meadows

>I know that people do this, or - for instance - put fig
trees in an unheated garage. But I don't understand *why*
it would help (except, maybe, to remove the trees from
wind).

>Surely an unheated garage is as cold as the outdoors?

My unheated garage is a one car garage, not connected to the house at all,
and is just now (after a week of 10 to 18 below zero nights and days that
barely got above zero) getting cold enough inside so that the snow falling
off the car onto the floor isn't melting completely. It is of course well
insulated which makes a big difference, but the door is opened a couple of
times a day, too, allowing for a lot of cold air to come in.

Jim, in Menomonie, WI

<<winmail.dat>>