nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What fruit trees won't the deer eat?

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What fruit trees won't the deer eat?
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:13:37 -0500

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 08:18:50 EST, you wrote:

>You probably had currant worms, they can eat all the leaves off a bush in
>one or two days.

I don't think so. I had currantworms this year (and got rid
of them by using one of Gardens Alive's products: don't
remember which one).

But last year, when something ate all the leaves: there was
no damage in the evening (I happened to be out there).

And the next morning, every single leaf was totally gone
from each of my three gooseberry plants. Not holes in the
leaves, not chewed-on leaves: the leaves were totally,
completely GONE. Not there. Not one single leaf. Not even
one. Not even a half of a leaf was left.

It's possible that an insect did that, but man, that would
be some insect! I just really have difficulty believing an
insect did that.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.