nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What fruit trees won't the deer eat?

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What fruit trees won't the deer eat?
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 07:35:48 -0500

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:45:14 EST, you wrote:

>I have a lot of deer here in central and have never had problems with them
>eating gooseberries or currants.

SOMETHING ate all the leaves off my gooseberries last year,
overnight. I don't think it was a deer, though: they
always seem to eat the twigs too. I think it was a
woodchuck. The leaves grew back and the gooseberries are
OK.

I had stupidly figured that they were safe because they were
INSIDE our (perimeter) fence. Nope. Now they each have
their own individual circle of fencing, as well as being
inside the perimeter fence.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.