nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What fruit trees won't the deer eat?

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What fruit trees won't the deer eat?
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:22:06 -0500

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:56:35 EST, you wrote:

>Did you check that the leaves may have fallen from the plant?? There is
>also
>a disease know as leaf drop and all the leaves fall from the plant. If this
>is the case they need to be cleanes up or covered with mulch in order not to
>
>experience it again the following year.

I didn't, because I didn't know about it. But that was two
years ago: and we did not have the problem this last year.

In fact, we haven't had the problem since we encircled each
gooseberry bush with its own protective fencing cage.

Thanks - if it happens again, I'll check for that.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.