nafex - [NAFEX] Fruit Exploring

  • From: "Michael D. Bathrick" <bathrick@berkshire.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruit Exploring
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:11:32 -0500

I plan on spending some time this summer trying to find some "lost"
raspberries - checking out former farms, etc. for classics like
Brinckle's Orange, Red Antwerp, Hudson River Antwerp, etc. Some of
these may have been too tender to make it through the winters up
here without care (the Berkshires of western MA - Zone 5), but I
will be checking in the Hudson Valley of NY and PA as well.

I was wondering if anyone who has done any similar project can give
me some suggestions or recommendations on how to do this. Where to
look, books to read, maybe you already know where to find some of
these...

Corvallis is a good source for some, but they don't have that many
truly old ones - unless they have them but have just not listed
them.

Mike