nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Stinky ginkgo trees gotta go, says pol

  • From: "Geoffrey Tolle" <gtolle@infinet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Stinky ginkgo trees gotta go, says pol
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:06:39 -0500

Sheesh,

Some people are just sooooo delicate! Sure they're a mess in the
Fall but the nut meats are quite tasty when prepared correctly (I'm
still working on that - they do, however, decently resemble bits of
meat in a stew texture-wise). I also wasn't aware that they presented
such a health hazard. I am extremely allergic to poison ivy but, when
I once de-fleshed some nuts with my bare hands, there was only a
minimal reaction. Nowdays, I use glove to avoid the stickiness.

Geoffrey Tolle