nafex - Re: [NAFEX] INDIA

  • From: Claude Sweet <hortventures@cox.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] INDIA
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:16:43 -0700

If the deficit is $5000 per year, how much of a dues increase is necessary to cover the deficit?

1000 members $5 per year
2000 members $2.50 per year

Surely even a $5 increase per year is worthy of consideration.

Another option is to maintain the current fee structure for an electronic distribution (online or downloaded PDF) and an optional fee to cover a hard copy and its mailing for those members who prefer not to receive the POMONA electronically.

Claude Sweet
San Diego, CA

baylands wrote:

THAT IS ONE TERRIBLE IDEA! Why don't we outsource all of our fruit orchards
to China and India? I'm sure they with their cheap labor can produce fruit
cheaper than we do. Let's concentrate on ways to grow better fruit right
here in the ole USA. I'd rather have my magazines published here too. If
there are no other ways to cut costs on our operation here in America, my
suggestion is to raise our dues to cover the NAFEX deficit. I'd sure like to
get political on this but I won't. .......Ro Chapman