nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Saskatchewan Cherry Question

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Saskatchewan Cherry Question
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:55:31 -0500

When I contacted DNA Gardens about two years ago on the possibility of
buying some of the new U of Sask cherries, I was told that none of them
had come out of quarantine yet (for shipping to the USA) and more
importantly (if memory serves me right) that the selections would be
sold only under propagation agreements. So far I know of no commercial
company that does business in the USA that has applied for such an
agreement. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn. (USDA Zone 4b), where we're
finally enjoying summer weather