nafex - RE: [NAFEX] wine recipes with ribes juice

  • From: "Naomi" <dragon-star@cableone.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] wine recipes with ribes juice
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:33:36 -0600

Well it seems to me that my wines are pretty potent. I haven't measured it
scientifically, just personally. If you want a dryer wine, use less sugar.
After all the alcohol is not sweet. The left over sugar in the solution
after fermentation is done is what makes it sweet. It is like most recipes
say.."sweeten to taste."

I did use beer yeast when I made beer but that was from a kit so it does not
really count. I used bread yeast the first time because I had everything
ready to go and it seemed that my wine yeast was no good. I make bread a
lot so I had a quart jar of bread yeast in the fridge. I used it and got
wine. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Naomi
in Idaho