nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apples tasted in Massachusetts rated

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apples tasted in Massachusetts rated
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:40:14 -0700

Mark Lee wrote:

Charlie,
You describe yourself as a tart apple lover. I am surprised that you
rate Sekai-ichi at 3 1/2 stars out of 4. This huge red apple is very
sweet and not at all tart, at least from the ones grown near Seattle
that I have tasted. The apple comes from a cross between Red Delicious
and Golden Delicious. It is one of my favorites. What did you like
about this apple?
-Mark Lee, Seattle
My Sekai-ichi here on the Oregon coast is small and tart.
About 3" diameter at most.
At least so far.
It has not been very productive to date
Tree about 10 yaers old on M9/M111.