nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Skunks good or skunks bad?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Skunks good or skunks bad?
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:45:18 -0700

Live traps baited with marshmallows. Avoid any human scent on the traps by
wearing rubber gloves, and leave the traps outside to weather off any scent.
My son even dunks them in our pond for a while to be sure there is no human
scent. You might need to get a fairly big trap as old 'coons can get to 40
pounds or more and they can reach in for the marshmallows without getting
caught. Disposal is usually by .22.